My name is Belinda Bennett and this is Elusive Moose.
It all started with Hazel. She was born in June 2020 and brought home by my brother and sister-in-law and their family when she was six weeks old. Hazel is a dog – a cross between a Husky and a German Shepherd and a bit of Huntaway thrown in for good measure.
A year later I went to buy Hazel a beautiful collar as a first birthday gift. It needed to be pink, sparkly and made of leather. How hard can that be? Well, harder than I thought as it turns out as I couldn’t find one. They all seemed to be made of nylon with plastic fittings. So, I decided that I would make one. I didn’t have a workshop, tools, or leather! After much trial and error, I made the collar and she still wears it.
Making that gift set me on a path to start collar making for others too as I discovered that I love working with leather. A year down the track, the materials and methods I use have dramatically changed since that first collar and I am proud to show you the Elusive Moose range of leather dog collars.
Why buy Elusive Moose?
- Expertly handcrafted with form, function and style in mind
- Designed and made in New Zealand
- High quality Italian vegetable tanned leather – beautiful to touch and to look at
- Solid brass hardware – will not rust
- Range of styles, sizes and colours to suit most dogs
- Something a bit special – an elegant alternative to plastic collars